Theodore Roosevelt Association
- Special custom tour for the 100 year anniversary
- Perfect balance of history, remembrance and touring
- Expert lectures
- Briefing by Embassy
- Panama Canal full transit and Panama Railway trip
- Current expansion viewing of the third set of locks
- Birding and nature excursion
- Commemorative ceremony with remarks
- Wreath laying ceremony with the Veterans of Foreign Wars
- and much more!
- New York Times: Panama the No. 1 tourist destination
- 8 days and 7 nights
- March 6-13, 2014
- $3150 per person double occupancy
- $3450 single rate
- $2250 per child under 18 if 3rd or 4th person in the room, if child is second person in the room then double occupancy applies
Put on your Panama hat because 2014 marks 100 years since the opening of the Panama Canal! As Roosevelt said, "No single great material work which remains to be undertaken on this continent is of such consequence to the American people as the building of a canal across the Isthmus connecting North and South America".
Some years after Theodore Roosevelt had become an ex-President, he was asked what he considered the three greatest achievements during his term of office. He listed these as: The beginning of the work on the Panama Canal, the negotiation of peace between Russia and Japan, and the dispatching of the United States fleet around the world.
The centennial only happens once, so please join us for this exciting and memorable event and tour! Space is limited!
Consider joining others in arriving early to experience the Panama Carnival, March 3-4!
7 nights at the Marriott Panama including
100th Anniversary Welcome Dinner
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 6 dinners
Airport transfer for March 6 and March 13
Embassy Briefing with the Honorable Jonathan Ferrar, United States Ambassador to Panama
One person in the traveling family must be a TRA member. One $65 membership will be added if none of the traveling family are members.
Copyright 2013 Michele Bryant. All rights reserved.